Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter

Last year for Easter, we were at our friend Robert's home in Salinas where we had a wonderful time. Jesse, Isis and I drove to Salinas for the weekend and we had just found out that I was pregnant with Maya two days ago. There was so much happiness in our lives. Jesse was ecstatic when he found out that he was going to be a daddy again.

Anyway...there is a story associated with the shitty hotel we stayed at that weekend and some of us know it as the "bloody hotel" story. Well...that's for another day...another post.

Like I always tell Robert...gay men throw the best parties ever! And Robert does throw some pretty dope parties. Last year was the Easter hat party. People showed up with some crazy creative hats. Isis even bit and ate a peep out of someone's hat. There were jello shots being passed around and I had to find ways in which I could casually decline the shots and still not call attention to the baby in the belly. Robert did ask me a few times if I was pregnant but I just kept giggling and saying no. We didn't want to tell anyone until I got to the two month mark at least. Trust me, it was hard for all three of us to keep that secret because we were beyond overjoyed. Isis and I did great with keeping the secret, but Jesse...not so much. He ended up telling his buddy Elizabeth and reasoned with me that it didn't count since Elizabeth didn't live in California. Haha.

Jesse drank most of the shots that were offered to me while being hit on by some of the bears, which he took in stride. As the day progressed and the evening rolled in, a small group of us moved out to the pool area. Isis, the water baby she is, was excited to get in the pool for a swim. However, it was a cold night, so we all settled for the hot tub. We sat in a circle with our feet in the tub. I remember thinking that it was going to be a while before I enjoyed the hot tub again. We shared stories and made nasty jokes at each other's expense...of course all of them sexual in nature. We laughed...and laughed. Fun times.

That was last year.

I woke up this morning and decided that Isis needed to do something fun even if I wasn't up for anything.  Aunty Ericka offered to take Isis with her to Sacramento to her family party, but Isis needed to be back home early since she has school tomorrow. So our friend Carla offered to take Isis instead. Carla's daughter Kaylin and Isis are classmates and good buddies. So Isis is away right now...hunting eggs, running around, getting high on sugar, pausing every now and then to think about her daddy, but also knowing that things will be ok and that she will be ok with mommy and Maya.

I also would like to take a moment to acknowledge EVERYONE...all our friends for being there for us and for being thoughtful and for doing everything you have done and for everything you continue to do. I am humbled and grateful. Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment